This is the blog of Sanquhar Books
An everyday tale of life in an unusual bookshop - a place where browsers are positively encouraged and pampered - a sanctuary - a source of all things positive - a place that passionately believes in the nurturing power of words ...

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Small World Big Love

Been another busy session in the bookshop - times goes so quickly! Especially if you blether like me. Simon came in - he enjoyed the quiz last night and is going to organise a murder mystery night sometime. Ken from the Post Office called in too and was happy with last nights results.
Met a sweet family from Holland - from Haarlem - that took me back a few years - I went on a few hockey tour to the Terriers Club in Haarlem ... when I think of Haarlem I'm reminded of Louise and Sarah and the drunken hockey tours we went on - oh and the bruises too. I remember Louise trying to take my photo one night - she had her camera in her hand and was walking backwards to get a better shot - she fell over and her head cracked on the pavement - I ran up to her and as I bent over her, the camera flashed - she had no idea she landed on her head. That was the same night Sarah fell out of the minibus. The sliding door wasn't closed tight and when the bus went round a corner, the door slid open and Sarah was gone. We went back for her - she was fine - a bit stunned but fine!




Special mention to Joyce and Beverley




Isn't it cool when special people walk into your life? I love it. Today I met Joyce from East Peckham, Kent and her daughter in law Beverley. They are both special women. Joyce is 82, an artist and has a story inside her just bursting to get out. I think we'll stay in touch - hope so - she wants to get her story out and I'd like to help her achieve that ... just think of all the memories she could preserve - have a feeling it'll be a touching story ...




No comments: